tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 20 15:49:18 2009

Re: Once more into the ship in which I fled

Terrence Donnelly wrote:

> --- On Sat, 6/20/09, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Terrence Donnelly wrote:
>>> Not to be a contrarian or anything, but what about the
>> proverb
>>> {meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH}? I know MO originally
>> said he
>>> couldn't make relative clauses work as anything but
>> subjects or
>>> objects, except here he did.
>> He couldn't make the head noun of a relative clause be anything
>> other than the subject or object *of the relative clause*, not of
>> the main sentence.
>>

> Now this I can agree wholeheartedly with. But is it then possible
> that the head noun can be either the subject, object, or _any Type-5
> suffixed noun_ to the main verb?

I don't see why not. They're very easy to construct.

DujDaq vIje'bogh bIba'.
You sat in the ship which I bought.

meQtaHbogh pa'vo' yIHaw'!
Get out of the burning room!

mangghommo' vIra'bogh tlhab yuQvam.
This planet is free because of the army I command.

qoghDu' tlhaQ ghajbogh tera'nganvaD chaw' yInob.
Give the Terran with the funny ears a permit.

qIbDaq tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh SuvwI''e' SoH Dun law' HoS Dun puS.
You are the greatest Klingon-speaking warrior in the galaxy.

--
SuStel
Stardate 9470.0

Back to archive top level