tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 17:19:09 2009

Re: tlhIngan Hol vItIv 'ach bong Qaghmey vIgher

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jul 15, 2009, at 6:49 PM, qe'San ((Jon Brown)) wrote:

> The overall feeling I want to get across is "I enjoy the Klingon
> language.. and tthis is despite the fact that I keep making
> mistakes along the way"

tlhIngan Hol vItIvtaH, 'e' nISbe' QaghmeywIj.

> Is there a way to express things like "even though", "even when",
> "despite" in Klingon or even work arounds to get that across?

How does {'ach} "but" not work for your meaning?

I once translated "Everyone welcome -- even Klingons" as something
like {Hoch DIlaj; tlhIngan DIlaj je}, repeating the verb.  If you
want to try to capture the "even when" phrasing, maybe you could say
{tlhIngan Hol vItIv, 'ej tlhIngan Hol vItIv jIQaghDI'.}

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level