tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 16:28:28 2009

Re: tlhIngan Hol vItIv 'ach bong Qaghmey vIgher

In a message dated 7/15/2009 18:52:50 Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> A change of subject but similar feeling.. "I made it to the cinema on
> time despite the car breaking down and the traffic being heavy"
>
> Is there a way to express things like "even though", "even when",
> "despite" in Klingon or even work arounds to get that across?

That's what <'ach> is for.
The car broke down and the traffic was heavy, but ('ach) I made it to the
cinema on time.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level