tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 02 10:51:21 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Michael Everson <[email protected]>wrote:

> Opening them back up in FontLab shows that certain OpenType headers
> and names have been stripped out. That's bad.

Bad how? I simply used FontLab Studio 5 to open the fonts and then clicked
on "Generate Font". I changed nothing. Those "bad" things must have already
been in the font I downloaded. Unless there are special things you have to
enable in FontLab to stop it from making "bad" fonts.

I'll take a working font with missing OpenType headers over a non-working
font with those headers.

Or, as I asked already, you can explain what is broken, why it's bad, and
how I fix it myself. I have all the same tools you do (and if I don't, I'll
get them). If it's a long process, feel free to mail me off list.

qurgh

Back to archive top level