tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 02 09:18:18 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Michael Everson <[email protected]>wrote:
> On 2 Jul 2009, at 15:31, qurgh lungqIj wrote:
>
> > I couldn't open any of those fonts on Windows 7.
>
> What does "open" mean in this context?

I double clicked on it. In Windows 7 and Vista you double click a font to
"open" it, then you click the "Install" button to have the system copy it
over to the font dir. You don't just move the file over anymore, the system
has security in place to prevent unauthorized access to Windows's system
files.

> > It gives me the "This is not a valid font file" error. I was able to
> > open them in Fontlab Sudio 5 though, regenerate them and then they
> > worked.
>
> That's odd. I generated them from FontLab Studio 5.

Maybe the compression messed them up. Did you generate them on a Mac or on
Windows?

> > Also, can you tell me what's wrong with my font? chay' vItI'?
>
> Some empty stuff in the headers, a fair number of character names bad.
> I use FontLab to fix these things.

Bad character names? I didn't know pIqaD letters had names.... jIyajbe'.

qurgh

Back to archive top level