tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 26 07:35:51 2009

Re: Health (Was "The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI")

Doq ([email protected])

Not to get into detail about the app (which is a really bad idea if
any of you OTHER beta testers are tempted to start doing so, given non-
disclosure agreements), I must say that this will NOT be an app that
will translate to and from Klingon for you. It has tools for those who
speak Klingon and for those who are seeking to learn it. It is a suite
of three small but useful applications that will likely be available
together or separately. You'll want them together.

I only reveal this much in order to create two effects:

1. To generate even more interest in the apps. I'd like this effort to
be successful, even though I receive no payment for my efforts toward
that end. I honestly think the apps are VERY cool.

2. To dispel any false rumors about what the app can do. It can't
translate between English and Klingon without the user doing most of
the work. The question starting this thread seemed to be expecting the
app to do just that. It won't, and to be honest, I'm GLAD it won't. I
don't want something that will translate FOR me. That would kill all
the fun.

The app is pretty and the app is useful. It still needs some tweaking
and the beta testers are hard at work pointing out all the warts and
glitches. There's still plenty to point at, but it gets improved
daily, and even if it's not perfect when it is released, this platform
makes it easy for them to publish updates, so long as they believe it
is in their financial best interest to do so.

Doq

Back to archive top level