tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 26 07:19:29 2009

Re: The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI

Doq ([email protected])

If the beginners' grammarian often forgets that he is the beginners'
grammarian, perhaps it is time for him to choose a replacement.
Besides correcting beginners and guiding them, a big part of being BG
is prodding the general population into greater activity.

It's not just a responsive job. It's a proactive one. If you aren't up
to it these days -- all the BGs eventually reach that state -- then
it's time for a new BG. Basically, the task is not sustainable, but
for a year or two, new energy from a new BG can be a wonderful thing
for this list.

I cannot volunteer, myself, at this time, since I just got sucked into
one of the most personally satisfying and passionate new hobbies of my
life and I need a lot of time to do it well. Perhaps there is someone
else out there with skill and passion for the Klingon language who can
bring the list back to life?

Oh, and I'm a beta tester for the new iPhone/Touch app. Still tweaking
the details, but when it comes out, you want it bad enough that if you
don't have an iPhone or Touch yet, you'll probably want one, just to
run this thing.

Doq

On Apr 23, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Terrence Donnelly wrote:

> (I'm not sure if this went through before or not; if so, excuse the
> double post)
>
> I'm more into providing resources for the interested.  My website is
> still up, with Kliflash vocabulary program (which should still be
> usable with current operating systems), the Grammar Addendum, Brief
> Guide to Klingon Grammar, and various texts, including my songs and
> movies.  I also serve as an unofficial resource on some Klingon (fan
> group) forums, and technically I'm still the Beginner's Grammarian
> of this list, although that's not a very hard job these days, and I
> may have missed a few noobs lately because frankly I forget that I am.
>
> I'm currently working on animating my latest song "lurDech" and have
> in the back of my mind doing the song "Play That Funky Music, White
> Boy" someday.
>
> http://teresh.tdonnelly.org

Back to archive top level