tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 24 08:07:34 2009

Re: Health (Was "The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI")

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen <
[email protected]> wrote:
> 3) The Merchant Page
>
> Thanks to the efforts of Alan Anderson, a limited form of the
> Merchant Page has been up for months. It's
> my hope that it will expand to include more of its former glory
> (especially as I have a basement full of back
> issues of HolQeD), but as with most things at the KLI that remains a
> function of the time the relevant
> volunteers have to devote to the tasks.

If you need someone to do web work, I can volunteer. My current job entails
maintaining and updating a web site for a non-profit (
http://www.cycyouth.org/), so I'm very familiar with the technology needed
to allow online registration for events as well as selling products online.

> On a related note, this would have the added possibility of allowing
> more people to participate (albeit virtually)
> in some or all of the qep'a'. I suspect we have the hardware to make
> this happen. I know we have the skill sets
> and brain power. I challenge those of you with expertise and
> experience in this area to begin a discussion
> thread here on the list, and prepare to bring this about.

I'm actually planning on doing this for KAG event at MarCon this year. We
will have a video feed of the event as well as a way for attendees to
communicate with the virtual participants. I'm hoping to come to the qep'a'
this year, so I should be there to facilitate it if need be.

qurgh

Back to archive top level