tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 24 08:09:39 2009

Re: Health (Was "The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI")

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

HIja'. There is such an application in the works. I'm currently beta testing
it on my iPod Touch, although I've found some things it is lacking it (no
prefix/suffix tables, lacking some newer words). They want to release it
before the new movie comes out.
qurgh

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Fiat Knox <[email protected]> wrote:

> Do you happen to know if there is any truth to the information I had
> gathered that Simon & Schuster have been working on developing an
> interactive tlhIngan Hol translation app for the iPhone?
>
> Peace,
>

> Alex.
>
> "Oh, I love it when they /ask/ me to corrupt them ..." - Me, talking to
> Nai, Mar 01 2008
>
> "You people and your quaint little categories." - Captain Jack Harkness,
> Torchwood
>
> "We're grown ups now, and it's our turn to decide what that means." -
> Randall Munroe, http://xkcd.com
>
> Conquer the Universe with me! See how at http://fiat-knox.livejournal.com
>
> We are now leaving the Kingdom of Star Trek and entering normal space.
>

> --- On Fri, 24/4/09, Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen <[email protected]>
> > Subject: Health (Was "The health of the Klingon language vs the health of
> the KLI")
> > To: [email protected]
> > Date: Friday, 24 April, 2009, 3:48 PM
> > SaleghneS.
> > naHQun brings up some very valid points, and my personal
> > ill health
> > and recent medical emergencies
> > have further contributed to the situation (specifics of
> > which can be
> > found on my LJ, if you're so inclined).
> >
> > That said, let me address a few items:
> >
> > 1) qep'a'
> >
> > There will indeed be a qep'a'. The dates are from
> > Wednesday evening,
> > July 22nd through Sunday morning,
> > July 26th. I expect to have the location and room rates
> > locked in
> > within the next few days (possibly the next
> > couple of hours).
> >

> > 2) Worlds of Translation
> >
> > This project is near and dear to my heart, and I would very
> > much like
> > to see it come to fruition. We have a
> > number of stories already completed, but I have run out of
> > ideas for
> > motivating people to finish up where
> > that's needed. We're currently three months out
> > from the qep'a', so
> > perhaps some of you will jump in, and
> > use this as an excuse/means to revitalize not only this
> > project but
> > also the discussion here on the list.
> >

> > 3) The Merchant Page
> >
> > Thanks to the efforts of Alan Anderson, a limited form of
> > the
> > Merchant Page has been up for months. It's
> > my hope that it will expand to include more of its former
> > glory
> > (especially as I have a basement full of back
> > issues of HolQeD), but as with most things at the KLI that
> > remains a
> > function of the time the relevant
> > volunteers have to devote to the tasks.
> >

> > 4) HolQeD
> >
> > A decision was made at a qep'a' several years ago
> > to cease publishing
> [...]

Back to archive top level