tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 19 17:59:03 2007

Re: jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'

Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' SuStel:
>> ...what we really
>> need is a grammar that actually describes what happens in the
>> language.
>> This is what I've tried to do for the Klingon copula.
>
> On that theme, I think it's worth pointing out that you seem happy
> applying the term "copula" to a Klingon concept that doesn't always
> work the same way as an English copula.

YES! How many times do I have to say it? WE DON'T HAVE PROPER KLINGON
GRAMMATICAL TERMS SO I'M USING APPROXIMATIONS TAKEN FROM ENGLISH. Hell,
we don't even have the Klingon words for "subject" or "object."

Listen, bub, you're just being a jerk now. You don't "think it's worth
pointing out" anything because you have a contribution to make; you want
to find fault. You take every opportunity you can to attack and ridicule
me, and to try to make yourself seem really clever in doing so. Knock it
off. This ain't YOUR list or YOUR language.

qoH vuvbe'bogh SuStel
Stardate 7967.3

--
Practice the Klingon language on the tlhIngan Hol MUSH.
http://trimboli.name/klingon/mush.html

Back to archive top level