tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 05 16:09:22 2007

Re: Basic grammar question

ja'pu' Qang qu'wI':

> jIHvaD Degh nob HoD. latlh yaSpu'vaD Deghmey nob je.
>
> latlh yaSpu'vaD jIHvaD je Deghmey nob HoD.

ja' SuStel:
> As an aside, I find it interesting that when you combine the two
> beneficiaries, you reverse their order. Your beneficiaries in your
> first
> example are reversed in your second example. I wonder if you're
> reversing them because of some notion that in Klingon things are
> backwards?

I suspect that it's because of that "rule of etiquette" I mentioned.
It's simply polite to put the first-person pronoun after the third-
person noun (in English, anyway).

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level