tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 04 21:09:30 2007

Re: Basic grammar question

Qang qu'wI' ([email protected])

On Dec 2, 2007 11:15 AM, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:

> Now, before you go taking this as evidence for your theoretical *{maleng
> qorDu'wIj jIH je}, answer this: according to your model, how would you
> translate "The captain gave me and the other officers medals"? Using our
> customary methods, I can think of two distinct ways (not counting
> variations with the prefix trick).
>
> My first thought would be:

jIHvaD Degh nob HoD. latlh yaSpu'vaD Deghmey nob je.

I'm not entirely sure about disributing the {-vaD} through nouns joined with
je, but possibly also:

latlh yaSpu'vaD jIHvaD je Deghmey nob HoD.

--
Qang qu'wI'

Back to archive top level