tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 30 22:16:57 2006

Re: "conjunction"?

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' ...Paul:
>> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Steven Boozer wrote:
>>> You may be right.  All our evidence for {muv} imply joining a
>>> group of people:
>>
>> I'll be printing this out and putting it on a wall.  ;)
>
> yIHoj.  tlhoy'lIj yIpol.  Voragh tlhochba' chovnatlh:
>
>   tuj muvwI' "thermo-suture"

chaq jIlugh 'e' jatlhpu'mo' jISey neH...  :)

I'm only excited that he said I might've been right.  ;)

Good counter example, but it depends on what perspective was used to name
it, and how it actually works.  If the suture works by binding to a heat
source, it could be consistent with the idea that the subject of /muv/
would be the thing "joining":  "joiner of heat", the literal translation,
could still mean it binds TO heat...

But yeah, probably not.  ;)

...Paul

          ** ...Paul, [email protected], Insane Engineer **
                     "Failure is not an option."

Back to archive top level