tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 28 10:12:32 2006

Re: HolQeD Republishing...

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Thorwald Peeters wrote:
> I see no reason for the non-mailinglist part of the KLI to be revived.
> The website is still up, there is enough gusto on this list for a small
> member group...

It would be nice if the Wiki was in a better state; you need to be a KLI
member to have editing privileges (which makes sense) but the content is
currently in disarray (you have to search for the term 'contents', for
example, to find a table of contents).  Much of what's on the KLI website
(most importantly, the canon words that have been accumulated from the
HolQeDs and other canon but non-book sources), could be moved to the
wiki...

> Maybe the way the KLI works (or doesn't, as it seems) at the moment should
> be reviewed, but there is life in the Klingon(ist) community yet.

Absolutely.

> One thing that I would need is for Dr. Schoen to provide us (I once was a
> member, but no longer) with a "State of the Institute" as it were.

Hope nothing's happened to him.  Last I remember hearing, he was way sorry
for getting the first second electronic copy of the HolQeD out the door --
about a year ago.  Then something about moving between houses, and never
heard from again...  Maybe he's recovering from being crushed under an
avalanche of back HolQeD issues when he tried to move them...  :)

...Paul

          ** ...Paul, [email protected], Insane Engineer **
   "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
                         -- Albert Einstein

Back to archive top level