tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 31 08:35:04 2004

Re: about

From: "Alan Anderson" <[email protected]>

> ja' QeS lagh:
> >I was just wondering whether something like {tlhIngan Hol'e' SoQ
> >vImuch} would be legal, and not interpreted as a bad noun-noun
construction.

> Why use {-'e'} at all?
>
> tlhIngan Hol SoQ vImuch - "I present a lecture about Klingon."

I agree with ghunchu'wI', but to answer your question, yes, I'd consider
your sentence legal.  {tlhIngan Hol'e' SoQ} is an illegal noun-noun
construction, so it can't be interpreted as one.  The only interpretation
left is that {tlhIngan Hol'e'} is a topic, and {SoQ} is the object.

(Not that someone can't make a mistake in interpretation, mind you.)

SuStel
Stardate 4248.2

Back to archive top level