tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 27 16:45:32 2002

Re: Help with a short beginner's class in Klingon?

ja' maHvatlh:
>I have been confronted with the challenge to produce a small course in
>Klingon...
>All suggestions and opinons are very welcome. (Even opinions on what
>topics such a course should [or could] cover - the standard greeting
>scenarion obviously doesn't apply - what should I use instead?)

It seems that starting with pronouns works well, going on to "to be"
sentences from there, eventually getting into normal verbs and prefixes.  I
wouldn't have expected it, but it looked pretty effective when I saw it
done that way.  Pronouns are versatile starting points for exploring simple
Klingon grammar.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level