tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 26 23:52:30 2002

Re: Help with a short beginner's class in Klingon?

From: "Nathan Grange" <[email protected]>
> PPS. Can anyone tell me what the other phrase is I'm thinking of.. it's a
> tourist joke thing and it means 'please kill me' or something...and where
is
> that from...

There was a joke some years ago on the list (not by Okrand) that when a
Terran asks a Klingon the correct way to translate "Merry Christmas," the
Klingon should tell the Terran to say /DaH HIHoH/ to the next Klingon he
meets.  The Klingon then watches the happy Terran walk up to a Klingon and
say (in Klingon), "Kill me now."

SuStel
Stardate 2401.5

Back to archive top level