tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 13 17:25:18 2002

Re: Saj von Suq Qa'Hom cha'DIch'e'

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>

> From: <[email protected]>
> >qagh Suqjaj vem'eq 'eq 'ach Saj von Suq Qa'Hom cha'DIch'e'
>
> I wouldn't use /-'e'/ here myself.  Are you saying that /Qa'Hom
cha'DIch'e'/
> is the topic of the whole sentence?

Well, I was trying to emphasize the 2nd Mouse as it was really the centre of
the whole joke... But it's probably best to leave it off .. Thanks.

> /Saj von/ = "cheese"?  I don't think so . . . .

Please give me a little break here ;-)
That's why I seperated the Terran from the Hol...It wasn't an exact
translation I couldn't get one..  The Terran was the joke with which I
started...

I became too confused with trying to find something to represent cheese like
"food made from milk".. I then decided to take a different tack.. Afterall
the [Suq Qa'Hom] might not like cheese.. The common denominator of any food
used in a trap is simply (I thought) "trap food" or "food for trapping" or
something like that... Therefore I thought I'd be safe with [Food - Saj] and
use the verb for [trap,entrap - von] adjectively to get [Saj von]... Was
that not ok?

> SuStel
> Stardate 2036.0

qe'San