tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 13 17:47:02 2002

Re: Saj von Suq Qa'Hom cha'DIch'e'

At 09:18 PM 1/13/02 +0000, you wrote:
>>qagh Suqjaj vem'eq 'eq 'ach Saj von Suq Qa'Hom cha'DIch'e'
>
>>"The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese"
>
>"mouse" 'oH'a' Qa'Hom?  nuqvo' De'vam?  "TKD"wIjDaq vIlaDbogh mu'mey biH
><<Qa'   type of animal>>.

In the Star Trek Klingon CD-Rom game/language lab, an animal is identified
as a {Qa'Hom}. The picture looks like some sort of hedgehog, and the
creature was described as (I believe) "Ligonian titmouse".
These seemed to be differing definitions, since the picture and the word
"mouse" seemed to imply a rodent, while a "titmouse" is actually a type of
bird. However, the latest issue of HolQeD seems to clear this up, where it
says that a Qa'Hom is not a bird, but that people have confused it with one
for some reason (the reason probably being the description from the
language lab).

- taD

Back to archive top level