tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 07 20:30:42 1999

Re: Closed Captions?

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:22:16 -0500 SuSvaj
<[email protected]> wrote:

> If anyone out there has closed captioning on their TV, please tell me the
> giben spelling/ pronunciation of the following words from the recent
> Voyager episode
> "Barge of the Dead."
>
> 		1. Pak-batla': A sacred scroll consulted by B'Elanna.

Gee. That looks a lot like paq batlh'a', which would be reversed
word order for "book of great honor". But then what does
Paramount know about word order?

> 		2. Korskorie: Creatures that live in the river of blood and try to draw
> 	the dead to jump overboard.

Probably the last name of one of Paramount's writers.

Trying to get Klingon words from Paramount's TV series is always
stretching things a bit.

> SuSvaj

charghwI'

Back to archive top level