tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 08 04:43:46 1999

Barge and translations/KLBC

I've got the transcript from Barge and I'm trying to translate
(for the first time ) but the spellings are pure Standard ,hard to tell an
l from and I and whether the letter at the beginning of the sentence is
really supposed to be a q or a Q because they've capitalized everything.

The word in question from this list was written  paq'batleth  which
translates as book(scroll) of Honor ?

I ask help in correcting my first translation from the ep of  :
pIch vIghajbe'

pIch = fault/blame  , vI = I/him her/it/them   ghaj = have  be' =not
roughly translated would this mean :
I/him/her/it/them are not at fault or to blame ?

LT MaudF./LT malqa matoq tuq
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet
(Triumph Against All Odds)

jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, William H. Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:22:16 -0500 SuSvaj
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If anyone out there has closed captioning on their TV, please tell me the
> > giben spelling/ pronunciation of the following words from the recent
> > Voyager episode
> > "Barge of the Dead."
> >
> > 		1. Pak-batla': A sacred scroll consulted by B'Elanna.
>
> Gee. That looks a lot like paq batlh'a', which would be reversed
> word order for "book of great honor". But then what does
> Paramount know about word order?
>
> > 		2. Korskorie: Creatures that live in the river of blood and try to draw
> > 	the dead to jump overboard.
>
> Probably the last name of one of Paramount's writers.
>
> Trying to get Klingon words from Paramount's TV series is always
> stretching things a bit.
>
> > SuSvaj
>
> charghwI'

Back to archive top level