tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 16 21:08:20 1999

Re: jabbI'IDghom vInaw'laHbe' / klbc-HELP!

ja' ~mark:
>That does it, time to put the suffixes on my Palm.  Oh, I know what they
>are, but I can't always remember the classes.  ghunchu'wI', think about
>baking that into your Dictionary file.

Done.  All prefixes and suffixes are in there.  I think the only thing
I'm missing now is the text from the Bird of Prey poster. :-)  I've put
so much work into making it perfect that I almost regret my stance that
it shouldn't be made generally available.

>>     Qobbe'.   'oy'moHbe'.
>
>Transitivity of 'oy'?  What is known?

The definition "ache, hurt, be sore" is clearly intransitive.

>>ps.  lughlaw'Ha'  *vowels-wIj'e'  muja'pu'  Qanqor.  ghoghwIjvo'  wabvam
>>vIDubchoHlI'.
>
>Practice, practice, practice.  Send me private email if you want my phone #
>and I will coach you over the phone.  The important trick is not to get
>distracted by what English does.

The audiotapes do a good job of showing correct pronunciation, pretty much
by definition :-).  Maybe we could make some sound files available with a
sampling of moderately long text?  Perhaps get someone to read Nick's poems
or something -- making sure of course that the person reading has good
pronunciation.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level