tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 12:13:25 1999

RE: tlhIngan irc chat room

malqa:
> Also, this may sound nuts but I'm making a list of all
> verb,then will do nouns as a way to help me become more
> familiar with the words instead of the way they are
> listed in TKD .

pagh:
: That doesn't sound nuts at all. Most of the skilled Klingon speakers have
: compiled their own dictionaries. Doing it is a really helpful exercise.

Exactly.  You certainly won't remember *all* of the Klingon words after
manually typing them into your dictionary -- at least I didn't -- but doing so
will help you remember which words are available (and which aren't).  Had I not
done so I wouldn't never have dreamed there were translations for "paper clip",
"writer's cramp", "pajamas" and (I kid you not!) "deodorant".

Organize your personal dictionary any way you want -- alphabetically, by parts
of speech, or even thematically (food, weapons, ships, body parts, etc.).  With
your word processor's "Find" feature, you can quickly and easily search the
document.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons