tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 13:10:49 1999

RE: tlhIngan irc chat room

I"m doing my own lists by hand .. so I can add in easily with looseleaf
papers as I go through the 2-3 lists in TKD. Bu tnow I realize that not
all words were listed .. I found in leafing through that je' (buy) is not
in the tlhIngan Hol section ,now I have to double check every verb before
going onto the nouns ..but I do see patterns ,in some words that I didnt'
see before ,as I rewrite them into lists.

Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet
(Triumph Against All Odds)

jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Steven Boozer wrote:

> malqa:
> > Also, this may sound nuts but I'm making a list of all
> > verb,then will do nouns as a way to help me become more
> > familiar with the words instead of the way they are
> > listed in TKD .
>
> pagh:
> : That doesn't sound nuts at all. Most of the skilled Klingon speakers have
> : compiled their own dictionaries. Doing it is a really helpful exercise.
>
> Exactly.  You certainly won't remember *all* of the Klingon words after
> manually typing them into your dictionary -- at least I didn't -- but doing so
> will help you remember which words are available (and which aren't).  Had I not
> done so I wouldn't never have dreamed there were translations for "paper clip",
> "writer's cramp", "pajamas" and (I kid you not!) "deodorant".
>
> Organize your personal dictionary any way you want -- alphabetically, by parts
> of speech, or even thematically (food, weapons, ships, body parts, etc.).  With
> your word processor's "Find" feature, you can quickly and easily search the
> document.
>

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons