tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 15 06:49:18 1995

Re: Klingon babes(?)

According to Bryan Fields:

> You wrote:
> >

> >I'd think it would be more like {ghIlqa'}. There is no <G> in
> >the Klingon alphabet currently and a glottal stop would never
> >happen between two consonants. [for what it's worth].
>
> It's been a while and I wrote before I thought.  HIvqa' veqlargh.
> But . . there was _definitly_ and <r> in there. How about {ghrIlqa'}?

There's also definitely an "r" in "Kruge", but that becomes
{Qugh} in Klingon. There are simply extra sounds added when
words are mangled by humans on TV. Think about how many
different pronunciations there have been for qagh. At least one
of them sounded like {*graH*}.

> >> yIHmey SurghwI'
> >
> >Admirable profession.
> >
> teHbej.