tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 15 09:34:28 1995

Re: Klingon babes(?)

>Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 01:02:54 -0400
>From: [email protected] (Bryan Fields)

>You wrote:
>>

>>I'd think it would be more like {ghIlqa'}. There is no <G> in
>>the Klingon alphabet currently and a glottal stop would never
>>happen between two consonants. [for what it's worth].

>It's been a while and I wrote before I thought.  HIvqa' veqlargh.
>But . . there was _definitly_ and <r> in there. How about {ghrIlqa'}?

Unlikely; Klingon never begins a word with a consonant cluster.  Since when
do the Paramount actors or writers know how to pronounce or produce Klingon
though?  And after all, we have "Qugh" -> Kruge; the "gh" sound is
certainly quite rhotic.  I could easily believe ghIlqa' got pronounced
Grilka.  Assuming, of course, that the writers even thought about it, which
is very unlikely.

>>> yIHmey SurghwI'
>>
>>Admirable profession.
>>

>teHbej.