tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 14 07:19:22 1994

Help, please

I understand how to use the law' puS construction for things like "She is
bolder than he is," but what if you want to compare two different qualitative
states, e.g., how do you construct something like "It is better to be dead
than to be a slave" or "Klingons are better then Terrans" or (my favorite)
"Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind"?

Do you still try to stuff these into the law' puS construction?  It seems to me that to do so would not only make these phrases unneccessarily cumbersome, but
would fail to translate the *meaning*.  Please help.

KoSneH

Back to archive top level