tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 19 07:05:49 1994

Re: "rIn"

Qanqoroyvo':

>Well, I hate to correct the corrector, but we have a problem here.
>This is misuse of rIn.  rIn does NOT mean "to finish, to
>accomplish".  rIn means "to BE finished, accomplished" (emphasis
>added, duh).  You could use rInmoH, or you could use the verb ta'
>(as opposed to the suffix), which does indeed mean "to accomplish."
>
>                --Krankor

QI'yaH!  HIvqa' veqlargh!

I need to learn to type as fast as I think.  I had intended to put 2 emaples
using <rIn>, and put only one (incorrect) one.  the first was <tugh jInmolwIj
vIrInmoH>  (as Qanqor read from my mind), the second was simply <tugh rIn
jInmolwIj>.

Actually, I am glad that you caught this... it tells me that you didn't just
let me do this, and then leave me all on my lonesome. {{:)

jIpup vIneH, 'ach wej jIpup 'e' vISov....
vaj HIlughmoHtaH!!!

--HoD trI'Qal
  tlhwD lIy So'

Back to archive top level