tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 12:36:59 2008

Re: Klingon phonology in regular expressions

Doq wrote:
> We spell according to pronunciation, not meaning.
>
> In other words, are you sure that a final H followed by {-oy} would be
> pronounced like a final H?
>
> We know that {-oy} is weird in ta' Hol. Might it also be weird in
> Morskan in ways we haven't yet imagined?

I'm only interested in reproducing what's in the book, and that doesn't
give any special case for -oy. I'd rather work out the logic than
hand-wave the problem away.

I'd rather end up with {ha' DI ba oy} instead of {ha' DI ba hoy}.

--
SuStel
Stardate 8232.3

Back to archive top level