tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 10:07:24 2008

Re: Klingon phonology in regular expressions

I've managed to convert ta' Hol to Morskan successfully, with the
exception of the suffix -oy. The key is that, except for words with -oy,
any consonant followed by a vowel must be the start of a syllable. For
anyone interested, here's how to do it with regular expression matches.

First pass:

	match: 		H(?=a|e|I|o|u)
	replacement: 	h

	match: 		tlh(?=a|e|I|o|u)
	replacement:	ghl

Second pass:

	match:		tlh
	replacement:	ts

	match:		H
	replacement:

Third pass:

	match:		Q(?=a|e|I|o|u)
	replacement:	H

I haven't figured out yet how to match final tlh or H followed by -oy
without confusing the detection of initial tlh or H. Any suggestions on
how to detect the -oy suffix instead of a word with oy in it?

--
SuStel
Stardate 8232.0

Back to archive top level