tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 29 07:42:08 1995

Alternate Service

I'm establishing an alternate service for those of you who just can't live
without the list for a few weeks (like me :-)..... )  Unlike some of you, I
can't do the alt.startrek.klingon thing.   Since I help operate a major
list site, it's a trivial thing for me to do.  And, this affords us the
same "privacy" we've had for many years with the list going back to its
dawning days on Eli's machine....  (All hail Mr. I!  List-creator par
excellence....)

The address for the service will be <[email protected]>....

By default, I'll copy the non-concealed list members onto
[email protected], so that it is a transparent copy of tlhIngan-Hol.
So you won't have to do anything to make the transfer....

To post mail to this alternate list (beginning July 1), simply send it to
<[email protected]>...  Everything else works the same.

Instructions for the kli list will be sent to you on July 1....

Note, the list processor is NOT listserv/listproc.  We run Brent
Chapman's majordomo on our server and currently operate about 55 lists
covering Trek and other science fiction, and a number of ongoing RPG's
(and some very "dormant" games.... which can always use fresh blood....)
You can send requests already to <[email protected]> with a subject
line of Request, and then a message containing on each line, a command
such as

lists
end

Just make sure to terminate with end....  It makes life easier, and
allows your .sig to be completely ignored....

Dave.

Back to archive top level