tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 25 03:02:48 1995

Re: To: Wouter Re: qagh, Romulan Ale and ro'qegh'Iwchab -reply

Hi Wouter,

> < > nuQneH,
> < Hmm, does that apply here, since you wrote to everyone else.
> < I'm not sure but it seems wrong, like you going up to someone in the street
> < and saying "What do you want?"
> < Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't know what else to begin
> < with!
> It does not sit right with me either, but my weak human side wanted to
> express a greeting and nuQneH is the closest I can get to it.
jIyaj
Whoa, I actually remembered the verb to understand - of course I've probably
used the wrong prefix or forgot to put in a ' or something :)

> < > We are organising a Star Trek Night in honour of the release of
> < > Star Trek: Generations here in Holland (yes I know, we shouldn't be
> < > celibrating this monster of a movie).
> < Why not? It was a good film it deserves a little celebrating.
> I've read several reviews, and nearly all are very negative about it.
Oh, have you not seen it?
I liked it quite a bit, and the new uniforms (especially the new comm pins)
fit in with Voyager.

> < > Of course a klingon meal can
> < > not be absent on such an occasion. I thought of preparing the
> < > following food/drinks:
> < >
> < > qagh: As terragnanpu' are a bit squemish about eating live worms, I'll
> < > simulate them by using red colored spaghetti and Danish shrimps (very
> < > small thus very buglike shrimps).
> < Hmm, I think I'd prefer the real thing to spaghetti..
> Yes, but not everyone is that positive about eating live worms :)
Hehehe, I'm not too kean on worms but I hate spaghetti :)

> I'm thinking about trying it another way:
> I'll cut some jelly-pudding to ribbons (to simulate the slippery worms)
> and put them in milk or yoghurt.. This all with red food coloring of
> course..
> They tried something like this at the SF meal here, and it seems to be
> very tasty but to really sliver down your troat.
Hmm, sounds good but I suggest you add a bit of spice or alcholol, I don't
think that plain jelly in milk will quite have the right atmosphere and
taste of gagh

> < > Romulan Ale: Blue colored wodka with tobasko and anything I can find
> < > to make it undrinkable }}:)
> < You MUST send me the final recipe for that....be warned, I'll cut out all
> < the really sick things incase your joking :)
> I already promised to post a summary and I will (although I cannot
> promise to mail it friday as I will probeblybe nursing a gigantic
> hangover :)
Heheh em...in the back of TKD there is a saying..
   jIwuQ
which apparantly means, I have a headache..

> < > Romulan Ale for terrans: (Malt version of the above): Blue colored
> < > beer?
> < How are you going to get Blue Beer????
> There are special beers that are blue, orange, green and so on... But I
> was thinking of putting a drop of food coloring agent in the beer.
Oh yeah, I forgot about those coloured beers, we don't get many fancy posh
drink in the North East of England.
I'm not sure if food colouring wouldhave the strength to colour beer, but
you can try!

> < > Green Tea: Chinese tea or plain tea with coloring.
> < Nice try, what about this:-
> <    soak some nettles in boiling hot water,
> <    take out the nettles, and add some other herbs to the now polluted water.
> <    add some green food coloring
> < ??
> That's something I can try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Hmm, I thought that a touch of Vodka might also help with the authenticity.

> < > I promise I'll mail a report of the evening ASAP :)
> < Hmm, I'd rather come but I live abit far away!
> Just jump in the water now and start swimming, you'll make it on time
> :)
Haha, don't tempt me, besides I think I've missed it nw haven't I.
Hmm, next time I'll be ready...a new world record in swimming speeds
perhaps.

> < > Qapla'
> < > Wouter Slegers
> <
> < Qapla' Wouter
> <
> < (Wouter - thats not much of a name for Klingons #:)
> HIja', but alas, my parents did not know Klingon when I was born :)
Do they know Klingon now?

> Qapla'
> Wouter
>
> ----8<----- CUT HERE -----8<---------8<------- FOR RECEIPT -----8<-----
> This proves that I have NOT received ANY message from Wouter Slegers.
> Wouter Slegers, 3rd year CS, [email protected]||[email protected].
> Disclaimer: If the above sounds plausible, reread it several times!
> GCS 2.0: d-(++) H s+: !g au- a- w+ v+>+++ C++++++>++ UI+>+++ UL+>++++
>   L+>++ 3 E--- N++ K W----- M- !V> po- Y+ t++(+++) 5+ jx R G? tv
I do not understand your signature.

   Qapla'

   Karl

|   Lt.Cmdr. Karl Dyson   |            \ \      / /   ~
|[email protected]|==========/~~` `~~~~~~~|   Chief Science Officer

Back to archive top level