tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 28 03:34:45 1995

Re: To: Wouter Re: qagh, Romulan Ale and ro'qegh'Iwchab -reply

< > < > We are organising a Star Trek Night in honour of the release of
< > < > Star Trek: Generations here in Holland (yes I know, we shouldn't be
< > < > celibrating this monster of a movie).
< > < Why not? It was a good film it deserves a little celebrating.
< > I've read several reviews, and nearly all are very negative about it.
< Oh, have you not seen it?
< I liked it quite a bit, and the new uniforms (especially the new comm pins)
< fit in with Voyager.
They release it 2/3/1995 in Europe (or in American notation: 3/2/1995).
We had to wait several months because they did not want to release it
here so soon! They even dismanteled the GENERATIONS WWW-site because
the film is already released!
Sometimes I wonder whether American (film-)business even knows that
there is an Europe...

< > < > Of course a klingon meal can
< > < > not be absent on such an occasion. I thought of preparing the
< > < > following food/drinks:
< > < >
< > < > qagh: As terragnanpu' are a bit squemish about eating live worms, I'll
< > < > simulate them by using red colored spaghetti and Danish shrimps (very
< > < > small thus very buglike shrimps).
< > < Hmm, I think I'd prefer the real thing to spaghetti..
< > Yes, but not everyone is that positive about eating live worms :)
< Hehehe, I'm not too kean on worms but I hate spaghetti :)
Bami then?

< > I'm thinking about trying it another way:
< > I'll cut some jelly-pudding to ribbons (to simulate the slippery worms)
< > and put them in milk or yoghurt.. This all with red food coloring of
< > course..
< > They tried something like this at the SF meal here, and it seems to be
< > very tasty but to really sliver down your troat.
< Hmm, sounds good but I suggest you add a bit of spice or alcholol, I don't
< think that plain jelly in milk will quite have the right atmosphere and
< taste of gagh
I'll think about the spice, but I do not think it is a good idea to add
alcohol that early in the evening... they get Romulan Ale enough later
on :)

< > < > Romulan Ale for terrans: (Malt version of the above): Blue colored
< > < > beer?
< > < How are you going to get Blue Beer????
< > There are special beers that are blue, orange, green and so on... But I
< > was thinking of putting a drop of food coloring agent in the beer.
< Oh yeah, I forgot about those coloured beers, we don't get many fancy posh
< drink in the North East of England.
< I'm not sure if food colouring wouldhave the strength to colour beer, but
< you can try!
If you can colour 40 liter of onion soup green with 3 tiny tablets, I
think so :)

< > < > Green Tea: Chinese tea or plain tea with coloring.
< > < Nice try, what about this:-
< > <    soak some nettles in boiling hot water,
< > <    take out the nettles, and add some other herbs to the now polluted water.
< > <    add some green food coloring
< > < ??
< > That's something I can try. Thanks for the suggestion!
< Hmm, I thought that a touch of Vodka might also help with the authenticity.
<
Yes, but as it is not a group of friends (i.e. several are not known to
us) partying, it is not so good an idea to make it TOO alcoholic...

< > < > I promise I'll mail a report of the evening ASAP :)
< > < Hmm, I'd rather come but I live abit far away!
< > Just jump in the water now and start swimming, you'll make it on time
< > :)
< Haha, don't tempt me, besides I think I've missed it nw haven't I.
< Hmm, next time I'll be ready...a new world record in swimming speeds
< perhaps.
Nope, it's 2/3/1995 (stardate 05169.8). So you still have 2 days :)

< > < > Qapla'
< > < > Wouter Slegers
< > <
< > < Qapla' Wouter
< > <
< > < (Wouter - thats not much of a name for Klingons #:)
< > HIja', but alas, my parents did not know Klingon when I was born :)
< Do they know Klingon now?
They only know it exists and that I speak is a little...

< > GCS 2.0: d-(++) H s+: !g au- a- w+ v+>+++ C++++++>++ UI+>+++ UL+>++++
< >   L+>++ 3 E--- N++ K W----- M- !V> po- Y+ t++(+++) 5+ jx R G? tv
< >   g+++ D+++ B---- e+>++ u- h>++ f+ r- n---(----) Y?
< I do not understand your signature.
I'll mail you the Geek Code...

Qapla'
Wouter

This proves that I have NOT received ANY message from Wouter Slegers.
Wouter Slegers, 3rd year CS, [email protected]||[email protected].
Disclaimer: If the above sounds plausible, reread it several times!
	 L+>++ 3 E--- N++ K W----- M- !V> po- Y+ t++(+++) 5+ jx R G? tv

Back to archive top level