tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 26 11:02:15 1995

Re: To: Wouter Re: qagh, Romulan Ale and ro'qegh'Iwchab -reply

>Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 06:29:22 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: Karl Dyson <[email protected]>

>> < > nuQneH,
>> < Hmm, does that apply here, since you wrote to everyone else.
>> < I'm not sure but it seems wrong, like you going up to someone in the street
>> < and saying "What do you want?"
>> < Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't know what else to begin
>> < with!
>> It does not sit right with me either, but my weak human side wanted to
>> express a greeting and nuQneH is the closest I can get to it.
>jIyaj

Except for the mispelling, tho: it's nuqneH, with a lower-case q.
Remember; in Klingon, q and Q are as different letters as h and k.  And if
you tkinh you can blitkly exckange tkem, well, you'd be surprised.

>Whoa, I actually remembered the verb to understand - of course I've probably
>used the wrong prefix or forgot to put in a ' or something :)

Looks right to me.

~mark

Back to archive top level