tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 31 12:17:12 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] {qoSta'} clarified

David Holt ([email protected])

> From: [email protected]
> So you're saying that {'aplo'} is the actual word for "container" - instead
> of the theoretical nomen agentis *{ngaSwI'} - or at least the one in current
> use? {qegh} "vat, barrel", {'Ib} "tub", {bal} "jug, jar, bottle", etc. would
> then be specialized types of {'aplo'mey}.

For myself, and based on nothing more than instinct, I have assumed that, like the other words listed above, an <'aplo'> is a subcategory of <ngaSwI'>.  The particular <ngaSwI'> described as an <'aplo'> would be a container in the shape of a right-parallelepiped, more commonly called a rectangular box.  I have not spent much time with Talk Now!  Does anyone know the picture shown for <'ul 'aplo'mey>?  Is it talking about something like car batteries, which are usually rectangular.

Jeremy