tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 07:55:55 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] {qoSta'} clarified

The TalkNow! Learn Klingon CD-ROM gives us two examples of {qoSta'} in use:

wab qoSta' 'aplo' (audiotape cassette)
mIllogh qonwI' qoSta' (camera film)

In both of these, the word could be referring either to the form
(ribbon-like) or function (recording medium) of the object being
described. We've had no way to determine which is intended.

Until now.

I had the opportunity to mention the ambiguity to Marc Okrand last
week. He said that what he had in mind was the "ribbon, tape" idea.
Flatness is definitely an attribute of {qoSta'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'