tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 10:10:39 2011

Re: {rIn}

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 09:18 10/02/2011, you wrote:
>I suggest that the Rick Endres fan novel's example would have been
>much better stated as:
>
>jIrInta'DI' SarI'.

Yeah, the sentence he used is clearly in error. Voragh just reports
what he sees.

I would have used rInchoHDI' SarI', because to me the task is
finished not the person, and I want to be sure I convey the "as soon
as it's finished" idea.

>As given, I read {SapongDI' rInta' jIH} as "When I name you, the
>viewing screen will have accomplished being finished."
>
>Maybe he was waiting for Windows to finish booting up so that he
>could choose from a list of names on his computer?

DupongmeH, pong 'up lo' 'e' Hech. vaj SapongDI' ghaytan bIQeHchoH 'ej
ghaHvaD vay' 'ugh DajaD. jIHwIj qIpchugh rIn jIHwIj.

>Also, the time trigger should be the finishing, not the calling, and
>I think {rI'} is a much better verb for this, since {pong} means
>"call" as in "They call him Strider", not "call" as in, "Call me
>when you are ready."

bIlugh. Thanks for the post.

Back to archive top level