tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 09:21:35 2011

Re: {rIn}

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv ([email protected])

I suggest that the Rick Endres fan novel's example would have been much better stated as:

jIrInta'DI' SarI'.

As given, I read {SapongDI' rInta' jIH} as "When I name you, the viewing screen will have accomplished being finished."

Maybe he was waiting for Windows to finish booting up so that he could choose from a list of names on his computer?

The problem is that the verb doesn't have a first person prefix, so one is easily led to interpret {jIH} as a third person noun, and that word has meaning as a third person noun. Also, the time trigger should be the finishing, not the calling, and I think {rI'} is a much better verb for this, since {pong} means "call" as in "They call him Strider", not "call" as in, "Call me when you are ready."

pItlh.
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv

Back to archive top level