tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 07 12:45:49 2011

Re: Translating TEDTalks

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ghItlh Felix Malmenbeck:

> Here is an all-Klingon transcript:
> http://dotsub.com/view/b27cafe0-10b1-4160-8f56-59f630033228/viewTranscript/tlh
> [You can also watch the video with the sound muted to see what it looks like in real-time]

Why mute the sound? :-)
I'm used to listen and read on the same time from the movies in Belgium.
They always have subtitles. Germany always has a voice-over.

net Sov, Qagh tu'lu'chugh vaj 'oH vIleghlaHbe', nom vIHmo' mu'mey. 'ach
jIQoytaHvIS 'ej jIlaDtaHvIS tlhIngan Hol mu'tlheghmeylIj vIyajpu'.

ghItlhta' ghunchu'wI':
>> I probably came
>> across a bit harsh...though if I am to be honest about my feelings, I
>> don't think I was too harsh at all.

jang Felix:
> Not to worry; I try not to read too much between the lines in e-mail conversations.
 > There's enough room for misunderstandings  [...]

Dochvam Dajatlhmo' jIQuchqu'. ngoDvetlhmo' qaS QInmay'mey law'. Do'Ha'.
pIj QInmey laDHa' 'ej yajHa' ghotpu'.

Quvar
aka
Lieven.