tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 27 11:11:21 2010

RE: 'u': the first authentic Klingon opera on earth

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
>> Is Okrand being accurate here?  Does the September 9 premier occur one
>>day before the summer solstice?

Felix:
>Nope; the Summer solstice is always in June.
>I don't think he meant "one day before/after" (that would be a case for
>leS), but rather "one of the days that is before/after".  Specifically,
>"one of the days which the Summer solstice precedes".

Of course it's in June; I wasn't thinking.  I imagined that "Federation linguist" Okrand may have been being clever.  "September 9" would mean nothing to Klingons on Kronos - unless they've been monitoring us for years (we know the Vulcans are) - but their astronomers might be able to calculate when the day preceding our summer solstice occurs.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level