tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 26 13:18:07 2010

Re: Except, Spite, despite, apart from

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Fiat Knox <[email protected]> wrote:
Until someone tells me what the noun for hatred, detestation (spite?) is, I
> guess I'll have to continue to work around it like this.

I don't think this is a "workaround" but the intended way (at least that's
how I look at it). If you have hatred for something, just simply say you
hate it. If you have detestation towards something, just say you detest it.

With Klingon, it's not about how you say it or what words you should use,
but about getting the meaning across. If you have done that, then you have
successfully used the language, even if your English speaking side doesn't
like the way you are doing it. :D "Rephrase, rephrase, rephrase" is one of
my main matras, along with "qeq, qeq, qeq".

I have hatred toward Romulans - romuluSnganpu' vImuS
His detestation of Romulans has made him a bad warrior - romuluSnganpu'
muSqu'mo' SuvwI' qab ghaH

qurgh

Back to archive top level