tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 26 12:03:57 2010

Re: Except, Spite, despite, apart from

Fiat Knox ([email protected])

All good points.

I found myself thinking that here is where Klingons could be /subtle./

ma'ovta' 'ej maQapta' - 'ach 'ovpu' 'ej Qappu' 'e' tera'ngan mayqal ...

A further reflection: "hate, detest (v)" is muS. This, for me, yielded the sentence

qabDaj muSmo' ghIchDaj teqta'

- He cut off his nose to spite (because he hated) his face.

Until someone tells me what the noun for hatred, detestation (spite?) is, I guess I'll have to continue to work around it like this.

Back to archive top level