tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 18 11:02:12 2009

Re: Relative clause in a relative clause

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> qurgh:
> >Thanks, that helps with that sentence. Do you have any information on the
> >double -bogh phrase I wrote?
>
> Well, I answered the easy one first. <g>

qatlho' :)

> >>Can you use a relative clause in another relative clause?
> >>  HoHbogh tlhIngan (the Klingon that died)
>
> First, {HoHbogh tlhIngan} means "the Klingon that kills/killed".  "The
> Klingon that died" would be {Heghpu'bogh tlhIngan}:

Ahh, HIvqa' veqlargh! I knew that! That's what I get for trying to multitask
at work too much :D

So to redo my own phrase:

Heghpu'bogh tlhIngan luja'chuq. tlhInganvetlh vISov
They discuses the Klingon that died. I knew that Klingon.

This works better?

qurgh

Back to archive top level