tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 31 13:27:53 2009

Re: intuition and grammar (was Re: Ditransitive reflexives)

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

Ya, it seems to me like it may be a case of a lexical gap: there is no
means of indicating that a subject and an object are coreferential.
Or else cases such as these are simply ambiguous--not totally unheard
of...

I am from the States, but was an exchange student in Finland, where I
gained some background in Finnish, although not as much as I would
have liked.

Chris

Back to archive top level