tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 31 14:37:37 2009

Re: intuition and grammar (was Re: Ditransitive reflexives)

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- On Sat, 10/31/09, Tracy Canfield <[email protected]> wrote:

> So far as is known, -chuq can only be
> used with direct objects, not indirect
> objects - so sayeth the experts.

Actually, only used with subjects; verbs with {-chuq} have no objects.

I wish we'd get off this "ditransitive" topic, which has really had no relevance to this discussion for a long time, especially to someone who, like me, doesn't really buy the notion of ditransitive verbs in English, in the first place.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level