tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 13:09:12 2009

RE: Double negatives

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Christopher Doty wrote:
>> Then Okrand is wrong when he says that <-be'> negates what immediately
>> precedes it?

SuStel:
>indication that Klingon as presented by Okrand isn't quite as black and
>white as you deem it to be. TKD gives us the basic rules only. We
>sometimes learn more complicated rules. Sometimes we learn about
>individual exceptions. New rules seem to blatantly contradict
>established examples. But we never get anything that says "This is
>absolutely the only way this works; don't even bother questioning it."

A cynic might say that Okrand avoids such categorical statements in order to give himself a loophole should he ever need one!  <g<

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level