tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 17:14:48 2009

Re: frasier Klingon

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Steven Lytle <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've always heard that the original language (or the language it was
> supposed to be translated into) was Hebrew, not Yiddish.

Indeed.  Yiddish is an everyday language, not a ritual one.  Bar
mitzvahs are full of Hebrew, and such rituals are part of what kept
that language alive in any sense before it was revived in the 19th
century.

Also, tlhIngan Hol doesn't sound very much like Hebrew or Yiddish, but
it sounds much more like the former than the latter, which is closer
to German.

--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level