tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 13:58:36 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

Tracy Canfield ([email protected])

You know, I feel like I did my homework before I came onto this list,
was careful to establish that I'd read the book and the FAQ and had a
genuine reason to ask what I did, and I was greeted with a torrent of
abuse directed at linguistics in general, my linguistic specialty in
particular, and me personally.  If y'all aren't getting along with the
linguists who come by, maybe that has something to do with it.

2009/11/24 Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]>:

> Maybe if the linguists didn't usually act so arrogant, we wouldn't. Linguists in general should probably take a look at Arika Okrent and her book, for an example of how a linguist can actually make her presence in Klindom a mutually-enjoyable event.
>
> -- ter'eS

Back to archive top level