tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 13:58:36 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: The topic marker -'e'
Tracy Canfield (email@example.com)
- From: Tracy Canfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: The topic marker -'e'
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:57:48 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=B5M/f26hhLWHoIC+ISZrfi0b9l++DSzTUl30xCaObjI=; b=lR93B+7algy334nA+HR443SOiXxRslDEovtEJeNfb2v3yM1EGM3t+gy+wl/ISw0ki1 bkU+aG3Zdhn6y8dUpczb9FyyRxmwIRrfeSCsY7PZ0ZjlBCNkTgW1KLecRUKN9A7/5SlJ RVrgQBRG6MAz6pSKA/bsh1Hdiah9YNR0geAtE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=AL6NJ1aXbPyomZWY7Il1ircqYNhXJPT/ZSUk+QP60SFXHX0Tx+p6hZRonpbjsKzA0p m9XEevDCgXE3a0gxFk7GfJ4w/lD9CtU8fZ7CF9Nsz1GP6r7M3kYH7ixPHCDEnp/8ezfD CncTUt/S8VlX811cz4aiq6N3Ag8jF36A1Y72Q=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <4B0C5075.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
You know, I feel like I did my homework before I came onto this list,
was careful to establish that I'd read the book and the FAQ and had a
genuine reason to ask what I did, and I was greeted with a torrent of
abuse directed at linguistics in general, my linguistic specialty in
particular, and me personally. If y'all aren't getting along with the
linguists who come by, maybe that has something to do with it.
2009/11/24 Terrence Donnelly <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Maybe if the linguists didn't usually act so arrogant, we wouldn't. Linguists in general should probably take a look at Arika Okrent and her book, for an example of how a linguist can actually make her presence in Klindom a mutually-enjoyable event.
> -- ter'eS