tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 14:17:59 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: The topic marker -'e'
Terrence Donnelly (email@example.com)
- From: Terrence Donnelly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: The topic marker -'e'
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:16:10 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1259100970; bh=dQBb3v8CiZLvTdwGje7Aavm/WuAodgSTUxellbgW5RM=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=6NH2896YLth9qdXnfFkyPOZCDRbzb1cbcrAGxO37ADRkonGKQZ/nEFhYPbLShI6Qw+hIAVEnpreZuvxDxV/ia1jgTnchEwA07IDRXy28xvKZsJ0YBp6ManXXDDe8CgOcUSfOOzn0ZuKdrUZ4K+gXr93R4EVNMs+3BOZUdFru5Y0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mnt21unOsensOw8E2yb18LSTjD7ccoLgiRxJRMtvT6iLP13WlSC2KW2KYie1KcwsJwNMILoIGgV/6Ok9y5aXipVfyZUxo3yKlVt17+mYJB+Mlh16+Kt5oOYtBGsccZlPsFzrLlKu1+70OjQWeQhodolmIJcZ6mJtqw1aQBPX5aM=;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
I wasn't referring to you.
--- On Tue, 11/24/09, Tracy Canfield <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From: Tracy Canfield <email@example.com>
> Subject: Re: The topic marker -'e'
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 3:57 PM
> You know, I feel like I did my
> homework before I came onto this list,
> was careful to establish that I'd read the book and the FAQ
> and had a
> genuine reason to ask what I did, and I was greeted with a
> torrent of
> abuse directed at linguistics in general, my linguistic
> specialty in
> particular, and me personally. If y'all aren't
> getting along with the
> linguists who come by, maybe that has something to do with
> 2009/11/24 Terrence Donnelly <email@example.com>:
> > Maybe if the linguists didn't usually act so arrogant,
> we wouldn't. Linguists in general should probably take a
> look at Arika Okrent and her book, for an example of how a
> linguist can actually make her presence in Klindom a
> mutually-enjoyable event.
> > -- ter'eS