tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 14:55:22 2009

Re: AM I Going To Have to Be Really Rude to get Your Attention?

David Kummer ([email protected])

Did your mother think it was cute when you balled up your fists and screamed
as a little kid? Were you praised when you first discovered caps lock? How
about when you busted out the mad SAT word skills?
If you don't want to be taken seriously at all, telling people to behave
while having an online tantrum over an email list is an excellent place to
start. Is your doctorate in that? Or is it Online Trolling?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, learn to use your spam filter
or its equivalent, as already suggested. If you email client lacks that
option, get a new one, or make use of the delete button. Or even the
/do-not-read function. If you cannot master those, I would not recommend
using email any more.

(In other words, if you're not willing to accept spam as the solution, stop
creating it and making yourself look more ridiculously silly than any
wannabe unsubscriber in the year and a half I've been on this list in the
process. You're acting like a three year old who doesn't like it that his
mother put peanut butter instead of chocolate chips into the cookies she
just baked.)

Back to archive top level